Health Services Research on Minority Health and Health Disparities (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
A list of agency contacts by focus area is provided in the application instructions.
This program provides grants to encourage innovative exploratory and developmental health services research to improve minority health and/or reduce health disparities at the healthcare system-level, as well as within clinical settings.
A detailed list of specific areas of research interest is provided in the application instructions.
Health disparity populations include:
- Blacks/African Americans
- Asian Americans
- American Indians/Alaska Natives
- Native Hawaiians/Other Pacific Islanders
- Socioeconomically disadvantaged populations
- Underserved rural populations
- Sexual and gender minorities
Eligible entities include:
- Higher education institutions
- Public/state controlled institutions
- Private institutions
- Nonprofit organizations
- With 501(c)(3) status
- Without 501(c)(3) status
- Native American tribal organizations
- Faith-based or community-based organizations
- Regional organizations
- City or township
- Special districts
- Federally recognized Indian/Native American tribal governments
- Indian/Native American tribal governments (other than federally recognized)
- U.S. territory or possession
- Independent school districts
- Public housing authorities
- Indian housing authorities
- Small businesses
- For-profit organizations
Project budgets are not limited but need to reflect the actual needs of the proposed project. The maximum project period is 5 years.
Links to the full announcement and online application procedures are available on grants.gov.
Note: This opportunity is listed under a single Funding Opportunity Announcement Number, PAR-20-310, and a series of Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Numbers based on research area.
- 93.273 - Alcohol Research Programs
- 93.279 - Drug Abuse and Addiction Research Programs
- 93.307 - Minority Health and Health Disparities Research
- 93.313 - NIH Office of Research on Women's Health
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.