Colorado Rural Primary Care Workforce Solutions
Rural Primary Care Workforce Solutions provides grants to support partnerships between workforce-focused capacity building organizations and major healthcare employers to advance efforts to attract, recruit, and retain primary care providers in rural communities.
The goal of this funding opportunity is to improve access to high quality primary care providers serving the needs of low-income, publicly insured, and uninsured rural Colorado patients.
Primary care providers must practice in clinical settings that deliver high-quality, comprehensive and integrated primary care, and may include:
- Physician assistants
- Nurse practitioners
- Licensed behavioral health clinicians
The Foundation is looking for projects that propose a “package of solutions” that include a number of evidence-informed approaches tailored to meet individual rural community needs, such as:
- Marketing and recruitment efforts
- Competitive compensation packages
- Personal and professional supports
- Spousal and family supports
- Professional connectedness and supportive networks
- Succession planning
Applicants must demonstrate that they meet the following criteria:
- Established partnerships between the capacity building organization and one or more major healthcare employers serving the needs of low-income, publically insured, and uninsured rural Colorado patients
- Capacity building organizations with past experience and a track record of success implementing workforce-related projects with a demonstrated ability to attract, recruit, and retain primary care providers in rural communities
- Healthcare employers must have a demonstrated need for additional primary care providers and an established care delivery model that provides high-quality, comprehensive, integrated primary care services
- The proposed project must demonstrate how it will improve access to culturally responsive primary care services and sustain efforts past one-time funding
Award ceiling: $600,000
Project period: Up to 2 years
Links to additional program guidance and the online application system are available on the program website.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.