AmeriCorps Affiliate Program
Application: Jun 14, 2018
The AmeriCorps Affiliate Program provides Segal AmeriCorps Education Awards for youth and adults that provide 100 hours of service to their communities through approved AmeriCorps Affiliate programs. The service can be paid or volunteer; however, CNCS does not provide any additional funding for the position other than the education award at the end of the service requirement. The award may be used to pay educational costs at eligible post-secondary institutions, including many technical schools and G.I. Bill approved programs, or to repay qualified students loans.
CNCS intends to build a diversified affiliate portfolio based on the following strategic considerations:
- Geographic diversity
- Rural communities
- Small and medium programs
- Single and multi-state programs
- Faith-based organizations
- Focus Area representation
- Local project support
Proposed positions should fall within the AmeriCorps performance measures of:
- Disaster Services - improving community resiliency through disaster preparation, response, recovery, and mitigation
- Economic Opportunity - increasing economic opportunities for communities through financial literacy, housing, and employment
- Education - improving student academic achievement through school readiness, K-12 success programs, post high school educational support, and teacher training
- Healthy Futures - ensuring health through aging in place programs, obesity/food security/nutrition, and access to care
- Environmental stewardship - Training citizens for conservation jobs, reconnecting Americans to the outdoors, building an ethic of environmental stewardship, and supporting successful science-based conservation strategies
- Veterans and Military Families - positively impacting the quality of life of veterans and improving military family strength
The following entities are eligible to apply for affiliate positions.
- Indian tribes and tribal organizations
- Institutions of higher education
- Local governments
- Nonprofit organizations
Anyone 14 years of age or older who completes a term of service for an approved AmeriCorps Affiliate position is eligible for the award.
AmeriCorps Affiliate designates positions as national service positions through which individuals serving in the position may be eligible for an Education Award. No funds will be awarded to the applicant
The dollar amount of the education award is equal to the maximum amount of the U.S. Department of Education Pell Grant and may change year to year. The current award amount for the AmeriCorps Affiliate program is $333.30, as shown on the program website.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.