CMS Health Equity Award
The CMS Health Equity Award is an honorary award to recognize an organization that demonstrates a commitment to health equity by reducing disparities among the CMS beneficiaries they serve, particularly among racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, sexual and gender minorities, and those living in rural areas.
The awardee will have demonstrated results in disparities measures related to, but not limited to, CMS Meaningful Measure priorities, including:
- Make care safer by reducing harm caused in the delivery in care
- Strengthen personal and family engagement as partners in their care
- Promote effective communication and coordination of care
- Promote effective prevention and treatment of chronic disease
- Work with communities to promote best practices of healthy living
- Make care affordable
The award will be given at the 2019 CMS Quality Conference.
Eligible awardees include all CMS partner and stakeholder organizations, including but not limited to:
- Quality Innovation Networks-Quality Improvement Organizations (QIN-QIOs)
- Hospital Improvement Innovation Networks (HIINs)
- State Medicaid agencies
- Health plans
- Model participants
- Provider groups and organizations
- All other organizations who work with CMS beneficiaries and their providers
This is an honorary award. One entity will be awarded each year.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.