Pathways to Safer Opioid Use
Pathways to Safer Opioid Use is an interactive, online training with a focus on the appropriate, safe, and effective use of opioids to manage chronic pain.
Objectives of the course include:
- Apply health literacy strategies to help patients understand how to prevent opioid-related adverse drug events (ADE)
- Identify risk factors, opioid medications, and interactions that increase people’s risk for opioid-related ADEs
- Use a multidisciplinary, team-based approach for treating patients with chronic pain
- Combine the principles of the Health Literate Care Model and the biopsychosocial model of chronic pain management through case study examples
Continuing education credit (CME and CPE) is available after completing the course and taking a post-test.
The training is intended for:
- Public health professionals, including health educators and interdisciplinary public health practitioners
- Students in health-related fields
This course is offered at no cost.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.