Choice Neighborhoods Planning Grants Program
The Choice Neighborhoods Planning Grants Program is focused on three core goals:
- Housing: Replace distressed public and assisted housing with high-quality mixed-income housing that is well-managed and responsive to the needs of the surrounding neighborhood
- People: Improve outcomes of households living in the target housing related to employment and income, health, and children's education
- Neighborhood: Create the conditions necessary for public and private reinvestment in distressed neighborhoods to offer the kinds of amenities and assets, including safety, good schools, and commercial activity, that are important to families' choices about their community
Grantees should develop and implement a comprehensive neighborhood revitalization strategy, or "Transformation Plan" for the revitalization of the public and/or assisted housing units, while simultaneously directing the transformation of the surrounding neighborhood.
Eligible applicants are:
- Public housing agencies
- Local governments
- Tribal entities
- Nonprofit organizations
Award ceiling: $450,000
Project period: 2 years
Estimated number of awards: 10
Estimated total program funding: $5,000,000
Links to the full announcement and online application process are available through grants.gov.
To locate application instructions:
- Open the grants.gov announcement.
- Click on the package tab.
- Choose to preview the opportunity package.
- Click on the button that says download instructions.
- Application instructions will be in your browser download folder.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.