Optimally Change the Map of Teen Pregnancy through Replication of Programs Proven Effective (Tier 1)
This program provides funding for replicating effective programs designed to improve the overall health of adolescents and reduce teen pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections (STIs) in communities with the greatest needs and disparities.
Program goals will be met by:
- Ensuring areas of greatest need are targeted in an effort to promote equity in reaching optimal health and preventing teen pregnancy and STIs
- Utilizing a systems thinking approach to identify multiple leverage points to maximize impact on promoting optimal health and preventing teen pregnancy and STIs
- Replicating with fidelity effective programs and supportive services that are culturally appropriate, age appropriate, medically accurate, and trauma-informed
- Applying the power of youth and community voice to ensure the project is of the highest quality and best fit for the community(ies) and population(s) to be served
- Monitoring, evaluating, and improving the project; and using key performance measures to document the project
- Communicating and disseminating information, successes, lessons learned, and knowledge
The Director of the Office of Adolescent Health will take the following factors into consideration when making awards:
- Geographic distribution of projects
- Diversity of settings and populations to be served
- Representation of project sites in communities of varying sizes, including rural, suburban, and urban communities
- Diversity of programs across projects
- Diversity of projects among replications of the same program
Eligible applicants include any public or private entity, including faith-based, community-based, Tribes, and Tribal organizations.
Award ceiling: $1,500,000 per year
Award floor: $500,000 per year
Project period: 3 years
Estimated number of awards: 65
Estimated total program funding: $54,750,000
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.