Innovative Approaches to Studying Cancer Communication in the New Media Environment (R21 Clinical Trial Optional)
This program offers grants to apply one or more innovative methodologies in communication research across the cancer control continuum, from prevention, early detection, diagnosis, treatment, and survivorship, to end of life.
Research projects in 3 distinct domains related to cancer communication are encouraged:
- Utility of new communication surveillance approaches
- Development and testing of rapid, pilot cancer communication interventions using innovative methods and designs
- Development and testing of new cancer communication conceptual models
Applications that target low socioeconomic status, rural populations, or communication inequalities and health disparities are encouraged.
This program is featured in the Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences Selected List of Funding Opportunities Relevant to Rural Cancer Control.
Eligible applicants include:
- Higher education institutions
- Public/state controlled institutions
- Private institutions
- Nonprofit organizations
- With 501(c)(3) status
- Without 501(c)(3) status
- Native American tribal organizations
- Faith-based or community-based organizations
- Regional organizations
- City or township
- Special districts
- Federally recognized Indian/Native American tribal governments
- Indian/Native American tribal governments (other than federally recognized)
- Eligible agencies of the federal government
- U.S. territory or possession
- Independent school districts
- Public housing authorities
- Indian housing authorities
- Non-domestic entities
- Small businesses
- For-profit organizations
The combined budget for direct costs for the 2 year project period may not exceed $275,000. No more than $200,000 may be requested in any single year.
Links to the full announcement and online application process are available through grants.gov.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.