South Carolina Wellness Inspired School Environments (WISE) Grants
Wellness Inspired School Environments (WISE) Grants provide funding for schools in South Carolina to help them develop policies and programs to support physical activity and healthy eating.
Projects must address:
- School health and safety policies and environment
- Health education
- Physical education and other physical activity programs
- Nutrition services
- Health promotion for staff
- Family and community involvement
Visit the Alliance for a Healthier Generation website for project examples.
Funding priority will be given to schools:
- With federal Title I status, which is designated to schools with higher percentages of children from low-income families
- That are participating in the SC FitnessGram System and have a current, signed MOA with the S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control
All public or private, nonprofit K-12 schools in South Carolina are eligible to apply.
Schools must have completed the Alliance for a Healthier Generation online assessment within the past 12 months and have completed or updated a corresponding AHG Wellness Action Plan within the past 12 months.
Awards range from $2,000 to $8,000 per school based on the number of students and Title 1 status.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.