Texas Ima Hogg Scholarships for Social Workers
The Hogg Foundation for Mental Health provides scholarships for graduate students of accredited social work programs in Texas. The scholarship program is designed to increase the clinical social worker workforce in underserved areas of Texas.
- Be pursuing a master's degree in Social Work (MSW or MSSW) at one of the 17 Texas graduate programs that are accredited or pending accreditation by the Council on Social Work Education
- Be recommended for the scholarship by the dean or director of the graduate social work program
- Have completed (or be about to complete) their first year of graduate studies in social work and be prepared to enter their second year in the program in the fall semester. Students who have been admitted to a one-year advanced standing program beginning in the fall also are eligible.
- Demonstrate a commitment to pursuing a career in providing mental health services to underserved or underrepresented individuals and their communities in Texas upon obtaining their master's degree
- Self-identify the need to receive this award
One scholarship per university per year will be awarded.
Applicants begin the process by contacting the office of the graduate program they are attending. Each program has its own application process and deadline.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.