California Workforce Education and Training: Educational Stipend Program
The California Workforce Education and Training (WET) Program provides funding for educational stipends to support graduate level education for individuals seeking to be licensed as:
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
- Clinical Psychologist
Funds will be used to:
- Ensure stipend recipients receive clinical supervision in the Public Mental Health System (PMHS)
- Develop and/or implement a curriculum that reflects
the values of the PMHS, including:
- Community collaboration
- Cultural competence
- Consumer and family-member driven
- Wellness, recovery, and resiliency focused
- Track, evaluate, and report on program outcomes
- Ensure completion of the employment service obligation of stipend recipients
At least 15% of stipend recipients must be placed into rural and underserved counties that have historically received little support through the WET Educational Stipend Program. A list of the counties is provided in the application instructions.
Eligible applicants are any California school or consortia of California schools that train graduate-level clinicians who are PMHNPs or Clinical Psychologists and can demonstrate they have the capacity to implement the required activities described in the application instructions.
Total amount allocated per stipend program:
- $506,000 for PMHNP
- $460,000 for Clinical Psychologist
Submit the application package to:
Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development
Attn: Contracts Analyst
Procurement and Contracting Services
2020 West El Camino Avenue, Ste. 1000
Sacramento, CA 95833
Educational Stipend Program
DO NOT OPEN
In addition to the hard copy, submit an electronic copy of the application by sending a CD in the mailed materials or by email to OSHPD.MHSAWET@oshpd.ca.gov.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.