Keepseagle Fast-Track Grants to Support Native Farmers and Ranchers
Application: Dec 14, 2018
Through this program, First Nations Development Institute provides funding to grow or expand programs and services to organizations in Native communities that serve Native farmers and ranchers, with an emphasis on building food systems, food sovereignty, and economic development.
Project examples include, but are not limited to:
- Engaging farmers and ranchers in plans for local food system control
- Intergenerational or youth-focused farming and ranching programs
- Native farmer and rancher trainings
- Capacity and skill-building services offered to producers
- Cooperative management programs
- Projects that focus on multiple producers
- Program focused on increasing business operations or access to capital
- Projects connecting farms to market opportunities and technical assistance
Farming is inclusive of traditional forms of agriculture, such as gathering and fishing. Priority will be given to projects aimed at expanding outreach, technical assistance, training, and needed services to Native farmers, ranchers, and producers leading to increased capacity, revenue, and other positive farm outputs, as well as increase the growth and sustainability of the economy and agricultural sector in Native communities as a whole.
Eligible applicants include:
- Federal and state recognized tribal governments and departments
- Native-controlled 501(c)(3) nonprofits
- Native-controlled community organizations with fiscal sponsorship
- Native Section 7871 organizations
Award ceiling: $40,000
Project period: 2 years
Estimated number of awards: 17-20
Estimated total program funding: $647,000
Review the general information, eligibility, selection criteria, and grant requirements tabs on the program website. Instructions and a link to the online application are on the application tab.
Submit an online letter of intent by October 5, 2018. Selected applicants will be invited to submit a full proposal, with a deadline of December 14, 2018.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.