Addiction Treatment Starts Here: California Primary Care Learning Collaborative
Addiction Treatment Starts Here: Primary Care is an 18-month learning collaborative in California designed to increase access to medication-assisted treatment in primary care for patients with opioid use disorder.
There are 2 separate participant tracks:
- Track 1: Planning Stage – Health center sites that do not have a MAT program in place or are in the early stages of development with a small number of patients receiving treatment and a small number of X-waivered clinicians. These sites are looking to design new programs or refine and standardize existing programs.
- Track 2: Expansion Stage – Health center sites that have MAT programs in place that are managing the care of a consistent number of MAT patients. These sites are focused on the optimization, scale, and sustainability of their current program.
Participants in both tracks will receive:
- Three, 2-day in-person learning sessions to share and learn from peers and experts
- Case consultations with clinical experts
- Webinars, including a mix of expert and peer led sharing on topics participants identify as challenges
- An online forum and resource center
- Grants to help offset the costs of participating in in-person events and developing/expanding programs
Eligible applicants are safety net healthcare organizations in California that provide comprehensive primary care services to underserved populations. Organizations must be non-profit and tax-exempt under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code (IRC) or a governmental, tribal, or public entity.
- Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) and FQHC look-alikes
- Community clinics, rural health clinics, and free clinics
- Ambulatory care clinics owned and operated by public hospitals
- Indian Health Service clinics
Participants will be awarded:
- $5,000 at the time they are accepted into the program
- $25,000 for meeting Deliverable 1, which consists of submitting 2 quarters of data, a program charter, and attending convening #1
- $10,000 for meeting Deliverable 2, which consists of submitting 1 quarter of data, submitting a progress report, and attending convening #2
- $10,000 for meeting Deliverable 3, which consists of submitting 2 quarters of data, a final report, and attending convening #3
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.