Healthy Food Financing Initiative Technical Assistance
As part of the Healthy Food Financing Initiative (HFFI), the Reinvestment Fund provides technical assistance for early stage healthy food access projects in underserved areas with a focus on management, financial health, and operations.
Support may include:
- Identifying problems or barriers to successfully increasing access to healthy food
- Building human or systems capacity within a food retail setting that improves access to fresh and healthy food
- Providing market research or feasibility analysis for a new project
- Supporting larger capitalization efforts for an eligible project focused on providing improved access to healthy food
- Assessing a project's impacts business case
Preference will be given to projects that support creation of healthy food access where none currently exists and projects that have the ability to reach populations that have been underserved by Federal HFFI programs, such as most rural and native communities.
All projects must accept, or plan to accept, Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits.
Eligible applicants include:
- For-profit organizations:
- Limited liability companies
- Sole proprietors
- Public benefit corporations
- Nonprofit organizations:
- Institutions of higher education
- State and local governments and governmental agencies
- Food policy councils
- Tribal governments and tribal governmental agencies, authorities, and food policy councils
Additional selection criteria is listed on the program website.
A total of $400,000 is available for technical assistance. Awards will be made on a non-competitive, rolling basis until funds are depleted.
Completed applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mailing and delivery address:
1700 Market Street, 19th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Attention: Healthy Food Financing Initiative - Technical Assistance
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.