Applying CDC’s Guideline for Prescribing Opioids Interactive Training Series
Online contact form
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides an interactive, online training series designed to help healthcare providers apply CDC’s recommendations for prescribing opioids. Each stand-alone module is self-paced and offers free continuing education credit (CME, CNE, and CEU).
- Addressing the Opioid Epidemic: Recommendations from CDC
- Treating Chronic Pain Without Opioids
- Communicating With Patients
- Reducing the Risks of Opioids
- Assessing and Addressing Opioid Use Disorder
- Dosing and Titration of Opioids: How Much, How Long, and How and When to Stop
- Determining Whether to Initiate Opioids for Chronic Pain
- Implementing CDC’s Opioid Prescribing Guideline into Clinical Practice
Anyone interested in training on CDC’s guidelines for prescribing opioids is eligible to participate.
This is a continuing education opportunity offered at no cost to the participant.
Modules may be accessed through links on the program website.
Physicians, nurses, and other health professionals can receive free continuing education for each training by registering on CDC Training and Continuing Education Online, searching for the corresponding course number, and completing the evaluation.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.