Alzheimer's Disease Programs Initiative - Grants to States and Communities
The Alzheimer's Disease Programs Initiative provides grants to support the development and expansion of dementia-capable home and community-based service (HCBS) systems in states and communities.
Option A grants will support states in meeting program objectives:
- Creation, expansion and sustainability of a dementia-capable state HCBS system that includes Single Entry Point/No Wrong Door (SEP/NWD) access for people with dementia and their family caregivers
- Ensure access to a comprehensive, sustainable set of quality state HCBSs that are dementia-capable and provide innovative services to the population with dementia and their caregivers
Option B grants will support communities in addressing 3 gap areas:
- Provision of effective supportive services to persons living alone with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias (ADRD) in the community
- Improvement of the quality and effectiveness of programs and services dedicated to individuals aging with intellectual and developmental disabilities with ADRD or those at high risk of developing ADRD
- Delivery of behavioral symptom management training and expert consultations for family caregivers
Applicants should propose robust efforts to serve members of racial or ethnic minority groups and/or those with limited proficiency in speaking the English language, or who live in rural areas.
Eligible applicants for Option A are state government agencies designated to serve as the State Units on Aging.
Eligible applicants for Option B are dementia-capable domestic community-based public and/or private entities.
Award ceiling: $1,000,000 per year
Award floor: $400,000 per year
Project period: 3 years
Estimated number of awards: 22
Estimated total program funding: $20,434,494
Applicants must match 25% of the budget with cash and/or in-kind resources.
Links to the full announcement and online application process are available through grants.gov.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.