Social Determinants and Social Needs: Moving Beyond Midstream in Kansas
The Social Determinants and Social Needs: Moving Beyond Midstream program provides funding to address the social determinants of health (SDH) and improve health outcomes for the people of Kansas. The Sunflower Foundation is looking to support innovative work that is engaged in efforts to address social determinants of health at the state and local level through a systems and policy approach. Funding may be used for core operating support.
Strategies could include:
- Building higher-functioning and more responsive inter/intra-agency systems to address SDH
- Creating, changing, and/or advocating for state and/or local policy that more effectively addresses SDH
- Developing, stimulating, and/or mobilizing broader and deeper cross-sector partnerships to address social change locally and/or statewide
- Building organizational capacity and supporting program expansion and improvement to push the SDH work of the organization further upstream
Eligible applicants are public and nonprofit organizations that serve vulnerable populations in Kansas and are working in collaboration with cross-sector partners to bring a SDH framework to local systems of care.
Examples of eligible organizations:
- State and community-based organizations whose primary focus is social service, health equity, social justice, advocacy, and/or addressing the SDH and related economic factors that influence individual and/or community health
- Local health departments and public health organizations
- Safety net organizations:
- Federally Qualified Health Centers
- Community Health Centers
- Primary Care Clinics
- Rural Health Clinics
- Free Clinics
- Community Mental Health Centers
- Safety Net Dental Clinics
- Critical Access Hospitals
Up to $30,000 for a one year project period.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.