Growing OpenNotes Across New York State
The New York State Foundation provides grants to expand the OpenNotes initiative to rural and underserved areas of New York. OpenNotes is a national effort to give patients access to the visit notes written by their doctors, nurses, and other clinicians. OpenNotes is designed to create partnerships toward better health and healthcare by giving everyone on the medical team, including the patient, access to the same information.
Proposals are required to include:
- A focus on vulnerable patient populations, such as low-income individuals and elderly New Yorkers
- The scale of the project and the number of patients who will receive access to OpenNotes
- In-kind contributions by the applicant in the form of financial support and/or staff resources
- Demonstrated support of clinical leadership
- Demonstrated support by the facility's senior management
Eligible applicants in New York state include:
- Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC)
- Multispecialty group practices
- Hospital-affiliated physician groups
- Independent physician practices
Up to $100,000.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.