Dementia Care: Home- and Community-Based Services (R21 and R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
Application: Feb 3, 2020
This program provides grants for research on the outcomes of care for persons with Alzheimer's disease and related dementia by identifying home- and community-based services used, as well as barriers to accessing care and unmet needs. Explaining geographic disparities, such as urban versus rural, in access to and quality of care is a suggested research topic.
There are two funding opportunities under this program:
- R21 Exploratory/Developmental Research Grant for the development of new research activities in the early and conceptual stages
- R01 Research Project Grant that supports a discrete project to be performed by an investigator in an area representing the investigator's specific interest and competencies
A list of suggested research topics is provided in the application instructions for each of the project types.
Eligible applicants include:
- Higher education institutions
- Public/state controlled institutions
- Private institutions
- Nonprofit organizations
- With 501(c)(3) status
- Without 501(c)(3) status
- Native American tribal organizations
- Faith-based or community-based organizations
- Regional organizations
- City or township
- Special districts
- Federally recognized Indian/Native American tribal governments
- Indian/Native American tribal governments (other than federally recognized)
- Eligible agencies of the federal government
- U.S. territory or possession
- Independent school districts
- Public housing authorities
- Indian housing authorities
- Non-domestic entities and non-domestic components of U.S. entities
- Small businesses
- For-profit organizations
R21: The combined budget for direct costs for the 2 year project period may not exceed $500,000. No more than $250,000 in direct costs may be requested in any single year. NIH expects to make 3 awards.
R01: Up to $400,000 per year for 5 years. NIH expects to make 6 awards.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.