Wisconsin Opioids: NARCAN Direct Program
The Opioids: NARCAN Direct Program provides provides NARCAN, the nasal spray formulation of naloxone, to community agencies in Wisconsin that are capable of distributing it to people at risk for an opioid overdose and people who may witness an opioid overdose.
Once approved, agencies will be able to order NARCAN for direct shipment to their agency throughout the grant year, up to the approved amount.
Agencies are required to:
- Have at least one staff member attend a DHS sponsored naloxone train-the-trainer event
- Distribute NARCAN and train individuals and agencies at high risk of an opioid-related overdose or at high risk of witnessing an opioid-related overdose within their identified service area
- Establish a tracking system to document distribution, training, and refills
- Complete monthly data reporting of naloxone training and distribution efforts
Eligible applicants include:
- County and municipal public health departments that are not already participating in Wisconsin's Prescription Drug/Opioid Overdose-Related Death Grant Program
- Tribal health clinics
- Syringe exchange programs
This program provides NARCAN shipments at no cost to participants.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.