Practice-Based Research for Implementing Scalable Evidence-Based Prevention Interventions in Primary Care Settings (R01 and R34)
Application: Jul 1, 2021
This program provides grants to support research that tests scalable and sustainable prevention approaches for implementation in pediatric-serving primary care settings, with an emphasis on populations experiencing mental health disparities. Disparity populations include racial/ethnic minority groups, sexual and gender minorities, individuals living in rural areas, socioeconomically disadvantaged persons, and any other subgroup with documented disparities in prevalence of mental illnesses, mental illness trajectories, access to prevention services, and quality and outcomes of mental healthcare.
There are two funding opportunities under this program. Application instructions for each research code includes a list of potential research approaches.
- R01 Research Project Grant that supports a discrete project to be performed by an investigator in an area representing the investigator's specific interest and competencies. Clinical trial is optional.
- R34 Research Planning Grant that supports the initial development of a clinical trial or research project. Clinical trial is required.
Eligible applicants include:
- Higher education institutions
- Public/state controlled institutions
- Private institutions
- Nonprofit organizations
- With 501(c)(3) status
- Without 501(c)(3) status
- Native American tribal organizations
- Faith-based or community-based organizations
- Regional organizations
- City or township
- Special districts
- Federally recognized Indian/Native American tribal governments
- Indian/Native American tribal governments (other than federally recognized)
- Eligible agencies of the federal government
- U.S. territory or possession
- Independent school districts
- Public housing authorities
- Indian housing authorities
- Small businesses
- For-profit organizations
R01 project budgets are not limited, but need to reflect the actual needs of the proposed project. The maximum project period is 4 years.
R34 project budgets are limited to $450,000 over the entire 3-year project period, with no more than $225,000 in direct costs in any single year.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.