Social Determinants of Health Tech Challenge
Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) and Accenture are offering challenges seeking tech solutions to improve healthy aging in rural communities.
Challenge areas include:
Cognitive Care (mind):
- How to help provide person-centered care with dignity to improve the lives of seniors in rural settings
- How to increase engagement and communication with seniors
- How to stimulate reminiscing conversations
- How to reduce anxiety
- How to assist with sleep and daytime agitation
- Care coordination and disease management (body):
- How technology can shorten the distance for caregivers
- How to support medication management
- How to connect seniors with healthcare providers
- How technology can help reduce the cost of care provided by nurses
Social isolation (soul):
- How technology can connect seniors with communities and loved ones
The Challenge is open to teams of innovators, collegiate, and professionals. Groups may have 4 individuals or less who are at least 18 years of age. Only English language submissions are accepted.
Grand prize is $10,000.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.