COVID-19 Telehealth Program
The COVID-19 Telehealth Program provides support for eligible healthcare providers responding to the COVID-19 pandemic by fully funding their telecommunications services, information services, and devices necessary to provide critical connected care services.
Examples of services and devices that the COVID-19 Telehealth Program may fund include:
- Telecommunications Services and Broadband Connectivity Services: Voice services, and internet connectivity services for healthcare provider or their patients
- Information Services: Remote patient monitoring platforms and services; patient reported outcome platforms; store and forward services, such as asynchronous transfer of patient images and data for interpretation by a physician; platforms and services to provide synchronous video consultation
- Internet Connected Devices/Equipment: Tablets, smart phones, or connected devices to receive connected care services at home for patient or healthcare provider use; telemedicine kiosks/carts for healthcare provider site
Providers that purchased telecommunications services, information services, and/or devices in response to the COVID-19 pandemic after March 13, 2020 may apply to receive funding support through the COVID-19 Telehealth Program for eligible services purchased on or after March 13, 2020. In addition, COVID-19 Telehealth Program support will be available to eligible healthcare providers for services that require monthly recurring charges, such as broadband connectivity or remote patient monitoring services, through September 30, 2020.
Healthcare providers must obtain an eligibility determination from the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) for each site included in the application. Sites that USAC has already deemed eligible to participate in the Commission's existing Rural Health Care (RHC) Programs may rely on that eligibility determination for the COVID-19 Telehealth Program.
Award ceiling: $1,000,000
Estimated total program funding: $200,000,000
The application process includes:
- Submit FCC Form 460 to get an eligibility designation. Contact USAC for questions about eligibility and completing the form (800.453.1546/RHC-Assist@usac.org).
- Register for an FCC Registration Number (FRN) in the Commission Registration System (CORES).
- Submit an online application.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.