CARES Act Provider Relief Fund
The CARES Act Provider Relief Fund supports expenses and lost revenue due to COVID-19 and provides testing and treatment for uninsured Americans.
Targeted allocations will be given to providers who are disproportionately impacted by COVID-19 or who have not received payments in the General Distribution.
Targeted allocations include:
- Treatment of the uninsured
- COVID-19 high impact areas
- Rural providers
- Indian Health Service
- Separate funding including skilled nursing facilities, dentists, and providers that solely take Medicaid
To be eligible to apply, the applicant must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Billed Medicaid/CHIP programs or Medicaid managed care plans for health-related services between January 1, 2018 and March 31, 2020
- Billed a health insurance company for oral healthcare-related services as a dental service provider as of March 31, 2020
- Be a licensed dental service provider as of March 31, 2020 who does not accept insurance and has billed patients for oral healthcare-related services
- Billed Medicare fee-for-service during the period of January 1, 2019 and March 31, 2020
- Be a Medicare Part A provider that experienced a CMS approved change in ownership prior to August 10, 2020
- Be a state-licensed/certified assisted living facility as of March 31, 2020
- Be a behavioral health provider as of March 31, 2020 who has billed a health insurance company or who does not accept insurance and has billed patients for healthcare-related services as of March 31, 2020
In addition, applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
- Filed a federal income tax return for fiscal years 2017, 2018, 2019 if in operation before January 1, 2020 or be exempt from filing a return
- Provided patient care after January 31, 2020, including healthcare, services, and support, as provided in a medical setting, at home, or in the community
- Did not permanently cease providing patient care directly or indirectly
- For individuals providing care before January 1, 2020, have gross receipts or sales from patient care reported on Form 1040 (or other tax forms)
Eligibility for the current application cycle has been expanded to include provider applicants such as residential treatment facilities, chiropractors, and eye and vision providers that have not yet received Provider Relief Fund distributions.
In Phase 3, $20 billion of the Provider Relief Fund is allocated for general distribution to Medicare facilities and providers impacted by COVID-19.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.