National Infrastructure for Mitigating the Impact of COVID-19 within Racial and Ethnic Minority Communities
This program will provide funding for a single entity to develop and coordinate a network of national, state/territorial/tribal, and local public and community-based organizations that will mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on racial and ethnic minority, rural, and socially vulnerable populations.
- Coordinated development and dissemination of culturally and linguistically diverse information
- Dissemination of information on available COVID-19 testing and vaccination and other healthcare and social services, especially in geographic communities highly impacted by COVID-19 and at highest risk for adverse outcomes
- Dissemination of effective strategies for COVID-19 response, recovery, and resilience
The initiative is expected to result in:
- Improved reach of COVID-19-related public health messaging to racial and ethnic minority, rural, and socially vulnerable populations
- Increased connection to healthcare and social services for racial and ethnic minority, rural, and socially vulnerable populations
- Decreased disparities in COVID-19 testing and vaccination rates among racial and ethnic minority populations in highly impacted geographic areas
- Enhanced state/territorial/tribal capacity and infrastructure to support response, recovery, and resilience for racial and ethnic minority, rural, and socially vulnerable populations
All entities are eligible to apply except for-profit institutions of higher education and for-profit organizations, including small businesses. Eligible applicants also include U.S. territories and private, nonprofit institutions of higher education.
Award ceiling: $22,000,000 in year 1
Award floor: $10,000,000 in year 1
Project period: 3 years
Estimated number of awards: 1
Links to the full announcement and online application process are available through grants.gov. The application instructions will be found on the related documents tab.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.