Rural HIV/AIDS Planning Program
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
For programmatic or technical
Jillian Causey, MHA
For grants management or budget
The Federal Office of Rural Health Policy provides grants for the development of an integrated rural HIV health network for HIV care and treatment that will collaboratively plan to address key strategies identified in Ending the HIV Epidemic: A Plan for America.
Projects should address community HIV needs, gaps, and challenges, including issues related to the need for early diagnosis, comprehensive care, and support services with the goal of improving health outcomes among people with HIV and reducing the number of new HIV infections.
Rural HIV health networks should:
- Expand access to HIV care
- Increase the use of health information technology, such as CDC data to care models
- Use telemedicine models for training and care
- Partner with Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program recipients
- Explore innovative healthcare delivery models
- Promote quality healthcare across the continuum of care
Eligibility requirements include:
- Rural public and rural nonprofit private healthcare provider organizations or providers of healthcare services including faith-based and community organizations
- In a consortium with at least 2 additional healthcare providers
- Located in a rural county or eligible rural census tract in the 7 states with a disproportionate number of HIV diagnoses in rural areas
Award ceiling: $100,000
Project period: 1 year
Estimated number of awards: 10
Estimated total program funding: $1,000,000
Links to the full announcement, application instructions, and the online application process are available through grants.gov.
Applicant webinar recording:
Playback number: 800.333.1825
- Grantee Directory: Rural HIV/AIDS Planning Program, 2020, 01/2021, view details
- Grantee Sourcebook: Rural HIV/AIDS Planning Program, 2020-2021, 09/2021, view details
- Federal Office of Rural Health Policy, view details
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, view details
- Health Resources and Services Administration, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.