Coronavirus Food Assistance Program
William L. Beam
The Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (CFAP) provides direct payments to agricultural producers of eligible commodities that have been impacted by the effects of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Eligible commodities include:
- Non-specialty crops: barley, canola, corn, upland cotton, millet, oats, soybeans, sorghum, sunflowers, durum wheat, and hard red spring wheat
- Livestock: cattle, hogs, and sheep
- Specialty crops
- Fruits: apples, avocados, blueberries, cantaloupe, grapefruit, kiwifruit, lemons, oranges, papaya, peaches, pears, raspberries, strawberries, tangerines, tomatoes, watermelons
- Vegetables: artichokes, asparagus, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, sweet corn, cucumbers, eggplant, garlic, iceberg lettuce, romaine lettuce, dry onions, green onions, peppers, potatoes, rhubarb, spinach, squash, sweet potatoes, taro
- Nuts: almonds, pecans, walnuts
- Other: beans, mushrooms
- Producers (person or legal entity) of specified agricultural commodities that have suffered a 5% or greater price decline as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, and who face substantial marketing costs for inventories
- Have an average adjusted gross income of less than $900,000 for tax years 2016, 2017, and 2018 (If 75% of adjusted gross income comes from farming, ranching, or forestry, the 900,000 limit does not apply.)
- Comply with conservation compliance provisions
- Do not have a controlled substance violation
- If a foreign person, provides land, capital, and a substantial amount of active personal labor to the farming operation
Payments are subject to a per person and legal entity payment limitation of $250,000, which applies to the total amount of CFAP payments made with respect to all eligible commodities.
Corporate entities may receive up to $750,000 based upon the number of shareholders who contribute at least 400 hours of active person management or personal active labor.
Apply through the local Farm Service Agency Service Center.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.