New Models of Integrated HIV/AIDS, Addiction, and Primary Care Services (R01 and R34 Clinical Trial Optional)
Minnjuan Flournoy Floyd, PhD
Peer review contact:
Peer review contact information will appear in the applicant's eRA Commons account approximately 2 weeks after the submission date.
Financial and grants management
This program awards research grants to projects that develop and test innovative models of care which integrate HIV, substance use disorder (SUD) prevention and treatment with primary care services in order to improve health outcomes for individuals at risk for or currently living with HIV and SUD.
Research objectives and specific areas of interest include but are not limited to:
- Implementation strategies or models to integrate evidence-based substance use prevention or treatment interventions in HIV care settings
- Testing and applying implementation science approaches to translate effective strategies into other settings or locations
- Integrated care approaches that capitalize on electronic health record systems and other integration efforts within and between health systems
- Methods to improve the coordination and communication between behavioral health and HIV care providers within and across settings
There are two funding opportunities under this program:
- R34 Planning Grant for the initial development of a clinical trial or research project.
- R01 Research Project Grant that supports a discrete project to be performed by an investigator in an area representing the investigator's specific interest and competencies
Projects are encouraged that propose research in states and counties identified in the federal Ending the HIV Epidemic initiative, including areas with the highest rural HIV burden.
Eligible applicants include:
- Higher education institutions
- Public/state controlled institutions
- Private institutions
- Hispanic-serving institutions
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs)
- Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs)
- Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions
- Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISIs)
- Nonprofit organizations
- With 501(c)(3) status
- Without 501(c)(3) status
- Native American tribal organizations
- Faith-based or community-based organizations
- Regional organizations
- City or township
- Special districts
- Federally recognized Indian/Native American tribal governments
- Indian/Native American tribal governments (other than federally recognized)
- Eligible agencies of the federal government
- U.S. territory or possession
- Independent school districts
- Public housing authorities
- Indian housing authorities
- Non-domestic entities and non-domestic components of U.S. entities
- Small businesses
- For-profit organizations
R34: Direct costs are limited to $450,000 over the 3-year project period. No more than $225,000 in direct costs are allowed in any single year.
R01: Application budgets are not limited but need to reflect the actual needs of the proposed project. The maximum project period is 5 years.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.