Addressing Needs of People with Disabilities in COVID-19 Local Preparedness Planning, Mitigation, and Recovery Efforts
This program will provide funding to improve the capacity of local health departments to address the needs of people with disabilities when planning and responding to outbreaks and other national emergencies, particularly during the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Required activities include:
- Support or hire a disability champion to coordinate activities and ensure that issues impacting people with disabilities are included in planning and response efforts
- Participate in project kick-off call and close-out call with all grantees, CDC, and NACCHO
- Collaborate on implementation and sustainability plans with disability champion and local public health emergency preparedness program staff to ensure disability-inclusive planning and response efforts
- Establish and maintain partnerships across public health, emergency preparedness, and organizations that serve people with disabilities to address the local needs of people with disabilities within emergency planning and response efforts
- Participate in community of practice and technical assistance calls to review progress of planned activities and share practices and lessons learned
- Participate in evaluation-related activities to track and measure progress towards expressed outcomes
- Complete a final report detailing successes, challenges, and lessons learned
Eligible applicants are local health departments (LHDs) that can meet the requirements:
- LHD must be able to support or hire a disability champion to coordinate project activities to ensure that issues impacting people with disabilities are included in local planning and response efforts
- LHD must have capacity to engage with people with disabilities and/or partner with organizations that serve people with disabilities throughout the project period
Fixed price contracts up to $83,000 to 10 local health departments.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.