Community Health Access and Rural Transformation (CHART) Model
Application: May 11, 2021
The Community Health Access and Rural Transformation (CHART) Model is a voluntary payment model designed to meet the needs of rural communities. The model will test whether aligned financial incentives, increased operational flexibility, and robust technical support promote the capacity of rural healthcare providers to implement effective healthcare delivery system redesign on a broad scale.
This opportunity is for the Community Transformation Track. Under the Community Transformation Track, award recipients will receive funding and a programmatic framework to assess the needs of their Community and implement healthcare delivery system redesign.
A detailed list of activities and a timeline is provided in Table 2 of the application instructions.
Eligible applicants include:
- City, township, County, state, and special district governments
- Federally recognized Tribes, Tribal organizations, and other than federally recognized Tribal governments
- Nonprofit organizations with or without 501(c)(3) status, including faith-based organizations
- For profit organizations including small businesses
- Public, state controlled, and private institutions of higher education
Award ceiling: $5,000,000
Project period: 7 years
Estimated number of awards: 15
Interested applicants are encouraged to email a letter of intent to CHARTModel@cms.hhs.gov by April 13, 2021. The deadline for the full electronic application is May 11, 2021.
- Medicaid participation fact sheet
- Model Overview Webinar
- Community Transformation Track (CTT) Application Support Webinar
- CTT FAQ Office Hour
- CTT Payment Webinar
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.