Public Transportation COVID-19 Research Demonstration Grant Program
The Federal Transit Administration will provide funding to support research demonstration grants for public transit agencies to develop, deploy, and demonstrate innovative solutions that improve the operational efficiency of transit agencies, as well as enhance the mobility of transit users affected by the COVID-19 public health emergency.
Eligible projects will demonstrate innovative solutions to improve the operational efficiencies of transit systems and enhance mobility for their communities in the areas of:
- Vehicle, facility, equipment, and infrastructure cleaning and disinfection
- Exposure mitigation measures
- Innovative mobility, such as contactless payments
- Measures that strengthen public confidence in transit services
Eligible applicants include state and local governmental authorities, direct recipients of Urbanized Area (49 USC 5307) and Rural Area (49 USC 5311) formula funds, and Tribes.
Estimated total program funding:
Estimated number of awards: 20
Links to the full announcement and online application process are available through grants.gov.
To locate application instructions:
- Open the grants.gov announcement.
- Click on the package tab.
- Choose to preview the opportunity package.
- Click on the button that says download instructions.
- Application instructions will be in your browser download folder.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.