Alabama Appalachian Regional Commission Grant Program
The Appalachian Regional Commission provides grants designed to create opportunities for economic development and improved quality of life in Appalachian Alabama.
Proposed projects should address at least one of the program goals.
- Invest in entrepreneurial and business development strategies that strengthen Appalachia's economy
- Improve the education, knowledge, skills, and health of residents to work and succeed in Appalachia
- Invest in critical infrastructure, especially broadband, transportation, and water/wastewater systems
- Leverage the region's natural and cultural heritage assets
- Build the capacity and skills of current and next generation leaders and organizations to innovate, collaborate, and advance community and economic development
Eligible applicants include:
- State and local governments
- Nonprofit organizations
- Institutions of higher education
Projects must be located in the Alabama counties that are within the Appalachian Regional Commission service area.
Up to $200,000.
Matching funds are required based on county economic status.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.