Supporting Providers and Families to Access Telehealth and Distant Care Services for Pediatric Care: Rural Practices Telehealth Stipend
The National Rural Health Association (NRHA) and partners will provide technical assistance, stipends, and a virtual learning community for community-based practices that serve pediatric patients in rural areas. Assistance will support the implementation of telehealth and distance care.
The program will run from November, 2020 to April, 2021. Training and technical assistance will be provided by the American Academy of Pediatrics, NRHA, and a telehealth consultant.
Activities will include:
- 6 live, virtual, hour-long monthly sessions that include a didactic presentation on a topic related to telehealth implementation, as well as opportunities for interactive discussions and technical support
- An interactive listserv and/or SharePoint site that will provide opportunities for peer-to-peer discussion on topics related to beginning to implement telehealth for rural and other underserved populations
- An exploration of collaborations and partnerships
- An exploration of the delivery of health supervision visits consistent with the Bright Futures: Guidelines for Infants, Children, and Adolescents and the Bright Futures/AAP Periodicity Schedule through telehealth/distant care
- Explore strategies on incorporating the use of telehealth to enhance access to care during public health emergencies
Applicants should be community-based practices in rural areas that are new to telehealth implementation.
Applicants can include practices with non-pediatrician physicians, such as pediatric nurse practitioners and family physicians.
Preferences will be given to practices that predominantly serve populations in rural communities and to practices that include plans for achievable sustainability beyond the grant period.
Technical assistance and a $5,000 stipend.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.