Understanding and Addressing the Impact of Structural Racism and Discrimination on Minority Health and Health Disparities (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
Application: Oct 10, 2023
This program provides funding to support intervention research to address the impact of structural racism and discrimination (SRD) on minority health and health disparities.
The funding opportunity description section of the application instructions provides research objectives and specific areas of research interest under each of the participating institutes.
Designated populations with health disparities include racial and ethnic minorities, socioeconomically disadvantaged populations, underserved rural populations, and sexual and gender minorities.
Eligible applicants include:
- Higher education institutions
- Public/state controlled institutions
- Private institutions
- Nonprofit organizations
- With 501(c)(3) status
- Without 501(c)(3) status
- Native American tribal organizations
- Faith-based or community-based organizations
- Regional organizations
- City or township
- Special districts
- Federally recognized Indian/Native American tribal governments
- Indian/Native American tribal governments (other than federally recognized)
- Eligible agencies of the federal government
- U.S. territory or possession
- Independent school districts
- Public housing authorities
- Indian housing authorities
- Small businesses
- For-profit organizations
Application budgets are limited to $500,000 annually, for a maximum project period of 5 years.
Links to the full announcement, application instructions, and the online application process are available through grants.gov.
While not required, potential applicants are encouraged to email a letter of intent to Yujing Liu, MD, PhD at least 30 days prior to submission.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, view details
- National Institutes of Health, view details
- National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.