Oregon Behavioral Health Loan Repayment Program
The Oregon Behavioral Health Loan Repayment Program provides loan repayment for behavioral health providers who work in inpatient, outpatient, and community care settings in Oregon regardless of the patients' source of coverage or ability to pay.
Program participants must commit to a service obligation of at least 3 years.
Eligible provider types include:
- Psychiatric mental health nurse practitioners
- Psychiatrists (general, child/adolescent, or geriatric)
- Counseling and clinical psychologists
- Clinical social workers
- Professional counselors
- Marriage and family therapists and counselors
- Qualified mental health associates (QMHA)
- Qualified mental health professionals (QMHP)
Practice sites must have a site application on file with the Oregon Office of Rural Health (ORH) and have received an email confirming site qualification. Practice sites must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be a rural hospital as defined in ORS 442.470
- Be a federally certified Rural Health Clinic
- Be a federally qualified Community Health Center
- Provide essential healthcare services to patients in an area approved as a medical, dental, or mental Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA) as defined by the federal Health Resources and Services Administration or ranking below the Areas of Unmet Health Care Need median as determined by ORH
- Be a community-based, residential, or day treatment setting that serves Medicaid and/or uninsured patients
Full time service providers commit to a 3-year minimum service obligation in exchange for a tax-free award of 50% of their qualifying educational loan debt balance, up to $50,000 per year.
Part time service providers commit to a 3-year minimum service obligation in exchange for a tax-free award of 25% of their qualifying educational loan debt balance, up to $25,000 per year.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.