Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA) for Institutions of Higher Education that Meet the Criteria for the Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs) Program
Through the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA), the U.S. Department of Education is distributing formula grants to minority serving institutions of higher education to address needs directly related to the coronavirus.
Funding may be used to:
- Defray expenses associated with coronavirus
- Lost revenue
- Reimbursement for expenses already incurred
- Technology costs associated with a transition to distance education
- Faculty and staff trainings
- Carry out student support activities that address needs related to coronavirus
- Provide financial aid grants to in-person and
distance education students which may be used for any
component of the student's cost of attendance or for
emergency costs that arise due to coronavirus, such as:
- Healthcare, including mental healthcare
- Child care
Eligible applicants are public and private nonprofit institutions of higher education that are generally eligible to apply for funding as minority serving institutions, including:
- Historically Black College and Universities
- Tribally Controlled College and Universities
- Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander- Serving Institutions (AANAPISI)
- Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian-Serving Institutions (ANNH)
- Native American-Serving Nontribal Institutions (NASNTI)
- Predominantly Black Institutions (PBI)
- Hispanic-Serving Institutions
Award amount: Determined by formula
described in section 314(a)(2)(A) of the CRRSAA
Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF)
Project period: 12 months
Estimated total program funding: $439,994,312
Links to the full announcement and online application process are available through grants.gov. The application instructions will be found on the related documents tab.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until July 12, 2021.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.