Gilead COMPASS Initiative Transformative Grants
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
The Gilead COMPASS Initiative offers grants for organizations working in the southern United States to build the capacity to provide and sustain high quality and accessible HIV education and care.
The purpose of this grant is to help organizations improve internal organizational operations to better serve people living with and/or impacted by HIV in the U.S. South by strengthening leadership; adaptability to organizational, programmatic and environmental changes; resource management; improving systems and skills; and supporting cultural values and norms.
Grants will be awarded in 2 focus areas:
Organizational level interventions -
- Strategic plan development, including a review and revision of the organization's mission, vision, and values
- Board, governance, and leadership development
- Finance and administration enhancement
- Service delivery and impact
- Resource development
- Communication and marketing plan enhancement or development
- Internal management and operations
- Innovation in delivering public health services
- Community level or systems level interventions - examples include: HIV risk reduction, awareness campaigns, transportation, food insecurity, COVID-19, housing, and creation of support provider coalitions
Priority is given to organizations that provide services in and reside in rural areas or identified service desert areas.
Applicants must be 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations located in and doing work in the Gilead COMPASS Initiative service area.
Applicants that do not have 501(c)(3) status must have a fiscal sponsor.
Up to $100,000
Links to additional guidance, application instructions, and the online application portal are available on the program website.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.