California Leighton Memorial Grant Award
The Leighton Memorial Grant Award provides an unrestricted grant to a coalition or collaborative in a rural, frontier, or tribal area of California that has demonstrated success in improving emergency response with a focus on addressing inequity.
The award is intended to recognize multi-agency coalitions that:
- Include rural health facilities, public health, emergency response, and/or community-based organizations
- Have documented and are intentional about improving emergency response (access, services and/or care) with a focus on addressing inequity within their communities
- Are reflective of the communities they serve
- Are focused on long-term, sustainable, systemic change
Eligibility requirements include:
- Location: Coalition/collaborative must work in a
rural, frontier or tribal area in California as defined
- Rural - community/city with less than 50,000 residents
- Frontier - no more than 7 residents per square mile
- Tribal - one of the 109 federally recognized Indian tribes in California or in the process of petitioning for federal recognition through the Bureau of Indian Affairs
- Coalition or collaborative: Must be an existing group of three or more organizations with at least one of the organizations physically located in the rural, frontier, or tribal area being served
- Population served: Community served must be one that experiences inequitable access, services or care in emergency response, preferably those who identify as Black, Indigenous or people of color
- Demonstrated success: The coalition/collaborative must be able to show progress towards improving emergency response (access, services and/or care) with a focus on addressing inequity
- Time frame: The work of the coalition/collaborative must have taken place within the last calendar year (2020)
A single $100,000 unrestricted gift is awarded each year.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.