American Rescue Plan Act - Pediatric Mental Health Care Access - New Area Expansion
For programmatic or technical questions:
Madhavi M. Reddy, MSPH
Madhavi M. Reddy, MSPH
Cara de la Cruz, PhD
For grants management or budget questions:
This program provides funding for the expansion of state and/or regional networks of pediatric mental healthcare teams into new states and geographic areas. Teams will provide tele-consultation, training, technical assistance, and care coordination for pediatric primary care providers to diagnose, treat, and refer children with behavioral health conditions. Projects should focus on achieving health equity related to racial, ethnic, and geographic disparities in access to care, especially in rural, frontier, hard to reach, and other underserved areas.
- Increase the availability and accessibility of statewide or regional networks of pediatric mental healthcare teams composed of child and adolescent psychiatrists, licensed mental health professionals, and care coordinators through telehealth consultation and referral to pediatric primary care providers and other providers caring for children and adolescents with behavioral disorders
- Conduct training and provide technical assistance to pediatric primary care providers and other providers to enable them to conduct early identification, diagnosis, and treatment for children and adolescents with behavioral health conditions
- Provide information, and assist pediatric and other providers in accessing pediatric mental health care providers, with the overarching goal of providing timely detection, assessment, treatment, and referral of children and adolescents with behavioral disorders through telehealth, using evidence-based practices and methods such as web-based education and training sessions
- Improve access through telehealth to treatment and referral services for children and adolescents with identified behavioral disorders, especially those living in rural and other underserved areas
- Focus on achieving health equity related to racial, ethnic, and geographic disparities in access to behavioral health care, especially in rural and other underserved areas
- Establish and sustain the use of telehealth technologies, modalities, and care models
Award ceiling: $445,000 per year
Project period: 5 years
Estimated number of awards: 32
Estimated total program funding: $14,240,000
A 20% non-federal match is required.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.