Texas Equitable Vaccine Uptake Fund
The Texas Equitable Vaccine Uptake Fund provides grants to address COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy and barriers to vaccine access among vulnerable and historically marginalized populations in Texas, including people of color and under-resourced rural and urban communities.
Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Vaccine appointment scheduling and follow up to ensure second dosages
- Mobile distribution sites and methods
- Transportation to vaccination centers through coordinated transportation, public transportation, and/or rideshare gift cards
- Distribution of paper materials
- Purchase of incentives
Populations of focus include:
- Low-income individuals and families
- People of Color (Black, Latino/Hispanic, Indigenous, Asian-American, and Pacific Islander)
- Older adults (65 years or older)
- Foreign-born populations, including legal permanent residents, naturalized citizens, refugees, undocumented, and mixed status households
- Socially vulnerable counties or census tracts
Other highly vulnerable populations include:
- Foster youth aging-out of foster care
- Dual-status youth (foster care and juvenile justice system)
- Highly mobile people such as transient workers or people who do not live in traditional housing
- Human trafficking survivors
- Individuals and families experiencing homelessness
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) and/or gender non-conforming (GNC)
- Limited English proficient
- Medically uninsured
- People lacking access to reliable transportation
- People with mental and/or physical disabilities
- People with special medical needs
Eligible applicants are community-based and grassroots nonprofit organizations and agencies that are working to both increase vaccine confidence and vaccine access in Texas. Applicants should be community-facing groups with existing relationships to the focus populations.
Up to $50,000.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.