Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Implementation Science to Advance Maternal Health and Maternal Health Equity for the IMPROVE Initiative
Based on research topic, choose the appropriate contact from the NOSI or the related announcement.
This opportunity is a Notice of Special Interest (NOSI) for research to address health disparities associated with pregnancy-related and pregnancy-associated morbidity and mortality.
Projects must include a focus on one or more U.S. populations that experience maternal health disparities, such as:
- Underrepresented racial and ethnic communities (including, but not limited to, Blacks/African Americans, Hispanics/Latinos, American Indians/Alaska Natives, Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians and other Pacific Islanders)
- Socioeconomically disadvantaged groups
- Underserved rural populations
- Sexual and gender minority groups
- Persons with disabilities
Areas of research interest for implementation of evidence-based interventions and building evidence to address gaps in maternal health implementation science are listed in the NOSI.
Eligible applicants include:
- Higher education institutions
- Public/state controlled institutions
- Private institutions
- Nonprofit organizations
- With 501(c)(3) status
- Without 501(c)(3) status
- Native American tribal organizations
- Faith-based or community-based organizations
- Regional organizations
- City or township
- Special districts
- Federally recognized Indian/Native American tribal governments
- Indian/Native American tribal governments (other than federally recognized)
- Eligible agencies of the federal government
- U.S. territory or possession
- Independent school districts
- Public housing authorities
- Indian housing authorities
- Small businesses
- For-profit organizations
Award amounts are based on the related NIH announcement.
This is a NOSI that is attached to related NIH announcements:
- Dissemination and Implementation Research in Health (R01 Research Project, Clinical Trial Optional)
- Dissemination and Implementation Research in Health (R03 Small Research Grants, Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- Dissemination and Implementation Research in Health (R21 Exploratory/Developmental Grants, Clinical Trial Optional)
- Maternal Health Research Centers of Excellence (U54 Clinical Trial Optional)
- Maternal Health Research Centers of Excellence Data Innovation and Coordinating Hub/Resource Center (U24 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- Maternal Health Research Centers of Excellence Implementation Science Hub/Resource Center (U24 Clinical Trial Optional)
Applicants should submit proposals to the related announcement and indicate that it is a response to the NOSI.
Investigators planning to submit an application are strongly encouraged to contact and discuss their proposed research with program staff well in advance of the anticipated submission date to better determine appropriateness and interest.
This NOSI expires on May 8, 2025.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, view details
- National Institute on Drug Abuse, view details
- National Institute of Mental Health, view details
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, view details
- National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.