Partnering Research and Community Organizations for Novel Health Equity Research: Addressing Health Systems Factors and Social Determinants of Maternal Health
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
Application: May 2, 2023
This opportunity will provide funding for established researcher-community partnerships to research the comparative effectiveness of multicomponent, multilevel interventions to improve maternal outcomes for individuals from maternal health disparity populations.
Studies may focus on pre-and/or postnatal care and should include at least one of each of the following types of interventions:
- Health systems strategies to address disparities in maternal health outcomes - Examples include data accountability measures; bias awareness training; trauma-informed care; team-based care; community-informed models of care; telehealth; and standardized protocols for monitoring/treatment of hypertension, substance use, depression, and diabetes.
- Strategies to address social determinants of health - Examples include active assistance with resources; medically tailored meals; vouchers for food, housing, or other needs; medical-legal partnerships; and integrated social services in clinical settings
Disparity populations include:
- Black or African American people
- American Indian/Alaska Native people
- Hispanic people
- People with disabilities
- Residents of rural areas
- People of lower socioeconomic status
Eligible applicants include academic research, private sector research, and study-conducting entities. Partnerships should consist of at least one research organization and at least one community organization.
Award ceiling: $100,000,000 for the
planning phase and $20,000,000 for the research phase
Project period: Up to 1 year for the planning phase and up to 5 years for the research phase
Estimated total program funding: $63,000,000
Links to additional guidance, application instructions, and submission instructions are available on the program website.
Submit a letter of intent by February 7, 2023. Selected applicants will be invited to submit a full proposal, with a deadline of May 2, 2023.
- Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.