Community Connect Broadband Grant Program
The Community Connect Grant Program offers grants to provide currently unserved rural areas with broadband service that fosters economic growth and delivers enhanced educational, healthcare, and public safety services.
Grant funds may be used to finance:
- The construction, acquisition, or leasing of facilities, including spectrum, land or buildings, used to deploy service at the Broadband Grant Speed to all participating critical community facilities and all required facilities needed to offer such service to all residential and business customers located within the proposed funded service area
- The improvement, expansion, construction, or acquisition of a Community Center that provides free internet access at the Broadband Grant Speed and provides computer access points
- The cost of providing the necessary bandwidth for service free of charge to Critical Community Facilities for 2 years
Eligible entities include:
- Incorporated organizations
- Indian tribes or tribal organizations
- State or local units of government
- Cooperatives, private corporations, or limited liability companies organized on a for-profit or nonprofit basis
Award ceiling: $3,000,000
Award floor: $100,000
A non-federal cash match of at least 15% of the total amount of financial assistance requested is required.
Links to the full announcement and online application procedures are available through grants.gov.
Applications may be submitted in one of two ways:
- Electronically through grants.gov
- Mail paper applications to:
Rural Utilities Service
Attn: Deputy Assistant Administrator, Office of Loan Origination and Approval
1400 Independence Ave. SW
Room 2844 STOP 1597
Washington, DC 20250-1597
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.