Rural Health Network Development Program
The purpose of the Rural Health Network Development Program is to expand access to, coordinate, and improve the quality of essential healthcare services, and enhance the delivery of healthcare in rural areas.
Applicants are required to select at least one activity from the program's prescribed topics:
- Achieve efficiencies - focus on integrating healthcare services and/or delivery of services to achieve efficiencies and improve rural healthcare services
- Expand access to, coordinate and improve the quality of essential healthcare services - collaborate to expand access to and improve the quality of essential healthcare services by focusing on projects directly related to the changing healthcare environment
- Strengthen the rural healthcare system as a whole - improve population health by implementing evidence-based approaches to address health disparities and enhance population health in their communities
See the Purpose Section of the application instructions for specific requirements regarding each of these areas.
The lead applicant organization must be a public or private nonprofit entity located in a rural area. The network must be formal and composed of at least 3 separate, existing healthcare provider entities.
Estimated Average Award: $300,000 per
Project period: 3 years
Estimated Number of Awards: 46
Estimated total program funding: $13,800,000
According to the application instructions:
"The FY2020 President's Budget does not request funding for this program. This notice is a contingency action taken to ensure that, should funds become available for this purpose, HRSA can process applications and award funds in a timely manner. You should note that this program may be cancelled prior to award."
Applicants are required to notify the appropriate State Office of Rural Health (SORH) of an intent to apply to this program. A copy of the letter of intent sent to the SORH and any response received must be included as an attachment to the application. Letter of intent procedures for U.S. territories that do not have a SORH are available in the application instructions.
Applicant webinar recording
Playback number: 800.234.4804
- Grantee Directory: Rural Health Network Development Grant Program: 2017-2020, 02/2018, view details
- Grantee Sourcebook: Rural Health Network Development Grant Program, 2014-2017, 08/2018, view details
- Rural Health Network Development Program: Grantee Directory, 2020-2023, 06/2021, view details
- Rural Project Examples from the FORHP Rural Health Network Development Grant Program, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.