For fifteen years, the Rural Health Information Hub has been serving rural America. On December 11, 2002, we opened the virtual doors on our website and started answering your information requests. Of course, we were known as the Rural Assistance Center at that time. Much has changed since then, including our name, but what hasn’t changed is the importance of healthcare and population health in rural communities, and our passion for serving you!
Our organization and offerings have evolved over time as the healthcare industry, technology, and our users’ needs have changed. We are constantly striving to serve you better, and it seems we always have some new product or project in the works. We welcome your feedback and ideas to inform our thinking about how we can help meet the information needs of the rural health community.
The RHIhub has always been about making sure rural health folks can find, access, and share information, opportunities, and experiences. Every day since 2002, our staff has been searching for rural resources to share with you. However, we would not have been nearly as successful in the work that we do without the sharing spirit that we’ve encountered across our rural health networks. From our volunteer Advisory Board to State Offices of Rural Health to national organizations to local healthcare staff, we have literally reached out to thousands of you to help us answer questions, find experts, vet content, share your successes, and much more. We are truly thankful to work with such passionate and giving people across the country.
It has been our pleasure and honor to do the work we do for the past 15 years. We know from the feedback that we receive that our work has made a difference for rural communities and the people who work on their behalf. We hope to continue serving you for many years to come.
15 Things You Can Do on RHIhub
- Find out What is Rural? and check Am I Rural?
- Show program impact with the Economic Impact Analysis Tool
- Look for Funding & Opportunities to support rural health
- Get tips and strategies in the Grant Writing Guide
- Learn about rural issues in our Topic Guides or focus on a specific state with our State Guides
- Start a new project with guidance from the Evidence-Based Toolkits
- See where the key healthcare facilities are in your state with RHIhub’s Maps of Rural Healthcare Facilities
- Share resources and insights on our Rural Health Twitter Chats
- Learn from experts and program contacts in RHIhub Webinars
- Watch the Rural Programs Making a Difference video series
- Browse thousands of resources, news, and events in our Online Library
- Read in-depth features in the Rural Monitor
- Subscribe to RHIhub This Week for your weekly rural health fix
- Learn how to find and accurately use rural data in Finding Statistics and Data Related to Rural Health
- Find examples of rural health projects in Models & Innovations