The Health Wagon
- Project Title: Enhancing Primary Care for People with Diabetes in Southwestern Virginia
- Grant Period: 05/01/2009-04/30/2012
- Contact Name: Teresa Gardner
- Location: Clinchco, Virginia
- Program Overview: Partnering with the University of Virginia Health System and Mountain States Health Alliance, the Health Wagon provides primary care services to patients with or at-risk for chronic diseases in Southwest, Virginia. Using a nurse practitioner care coordinator, the Health Wagon uses the chronic care model to reach patients with diabetes and other chronic diseases including coordination with an endocrinology clinic for specialized diabetes care.
Read more about The Health Wagon in RHIhub's Rural Health Models and Innovations.
Models Represented by this program: