Avera Sacred Heart
- Project Title: South Dakota eResidential Facilities Health Care Services Access Project
- Grant Period: 05/01/2012-04/30/2015
- Program Representative Interviewed: Anthony Erickson, Project Director
- Location: Yankton, South Dakota
- Program Overview: The Avera Health System and Avera eCare program are known for providing electronic care services in the hospital setting. The South Dakota eResidential Facilities Health Care Services Access Project aims to expand on preexisting e-care services to residents in long-term care, assisted living and rehabilitation facilities. The goal of this program is to improve access to care for residents by looking at their care and monitoring changes in conditions. The eCare services are staffed 24/7 with advanced practitioners who provide both urgent care and specialty consult services to 6,000 residents across 40 facilities.
Read about the eResidential Facilities Health Care Services Access Project and Avera eCare in RHIhub's Rural Health Models and Innovations.
Models represented by this program: