#RuralHealthChat: 2020 Census Engagement Opportunities for Rural Health Stakeholders
Date: Thursday, February 27, 2020
Duration: approximately 60 minutes
Rural and frontier communities are at risk of being undercounted in the U.S. Census, as nearly 70 percent of the hard-to-count population lives in these areas. An accurate census count is critical because it determines the allocation of federal funding and ensures fair political representation.
- National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health (NOSORH) – @NOSORH
- Allen Smart, Founder, PhilanthropywoRx – @allensmart6
- Nelsy Dominguez, Program Director, Con Alma Health Foundation – @nmhealth
- Ty Borders, Director, UK Center for Rural and Underserved Health Research – @rural_center
- Teryn Zmuda, Deputy Chief Innovation Officer and Chief Economist, National Association of Counties – @terynzmuda
- Rural Policy Research Institute – @RUPRIhealth
- NORC Walsh Center for Rural Health Analysis – @WalshCenter
- County Health Rankings & Roadmaps – @CHRankings
- The Census Project – @censusproject
We used the hashtag #RuralHealthChat to tweet with expert special guests about 2020 Census engagement opportunities for rural health stakeholders. To see the full conversation and access the resources shared, check them out below, via List.ly.