#RuralHealthChat: Preparing Rural Healthcare Systems for COVID-19 Surge
Date: Wednesday, August 26, 2020
Time: 10:00 a.m. Pacific; 11:00 a.m. Mountain; 12:00 p.m. Central; 1:00 p.m. Eastern
Duration: approximately 60 minutes
The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly impacted individuals, communities, and healthcare systems. However, a shortage of resources and increased health disparities create additional challenges for rural healthcare facilities responding to the public health crisis. Rural communities need critical resources and support to prepare for and respond to a COVID-19 surge.
On August 26th, join us to discuss the pandemic’s impact on rural healthcare facilities and learn about strategies to combat a COVID-19 surge in your rural community. We’ll be using the hashtags #RuralHealthChat and #RuralHealthReady to tweet with experts around the country who are excited to share their knowledge. Everyone is welcome to provide comments, questions, or just follow along.
- Rural Surge Readiness Team, Healthcare Resilience Working Group, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services – @HRSAgov
- Federal Office of Rural Health Policy, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services – @HRSAgov
- National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health (NOSORH) – @NOSORH
- Nathan Baugh, Director of Government Affairs, National Association of Rural Health Clinics – @NARHC1
- Lynn Barr, Founder and Executive Chair, Caravan Health – @CaravanHealth
- Indian Health Service (IHS) – @IHSgov
- Center for Preparedness and Response, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – @CDCemergency
We used the hashtag #RuralHealthChat to tweet with expert special guests about COVID-19's impact on rural healthcare facilities and learn about strategies to combat a pandemic surge in your rural community. To see the full conversation and access the resources shared, check them out below, via List.ly.
If you have any questions, please contact Lexie Schmidt at email@example.com or 701.777.6046.