#RuralHealthChat: Rural Health Networks and Coalitions
Date: Thursday, May 25, 2017
Duration: approximately 60 minutes
- Rebecca J. Davis, Ph.D., Executive Director, National Cooperative of Health Networks Association @NCHN_Info
- Sally Buck, MS, Chief Executive Office, National Rural Health Resource Center @RHRC
- Amanda Corbett, MPH, Research Fellow, University of Minnesota Rural Health Research Center @UMNRHRC
- Kathryn Umali, MPH, CHES, Director, Federal Office of Rural Health Policy Community-Based Division @HRSAgov
- Tim Size, Executive Director, Rural Wisconsin Health Cooperative @RWHC
- Nancy Frank, MPH, Chief Executive Officer, North Country Health Consortium @NCHCNH
Health networks and coalitions bring together organizations to address a shared need or goal. They are especially important in rural areas, where organizations may be functioning with fewer people and fewer resources. Pooling their efforts and collaborating allows smaller organizations to effect big change for their communities.
We used the hashtag #RuralHealthChat to tweet with expert co-hosts and special guests involved in health networks and coalitions around the country. If you’d like to see our conversation or access the many resources shared, they are all available below, via Storify.